Ethan got a devotional book from Amanda at Christmas, and I bought him a "beginners" bible for Valentines Day. We have been getting up and doing a devotion together after breakfast. I figured that was better use of our time then allowing him to watch another episode of "Handy Mandy." They are really short and to the point which makes it perfect for his age.
You don't think that children at his age grasp a whole lot, but he has really caught on. I went into his room the other morning to get him up and said "Rise and Shine, give God the Glory" (my mom used to do that to us) and he said "mom sing!" So I belted out the song! It was funny that he remember there was a song that went with it because I have only sung it a handful of times. He also told me the other day that "God made Strawberries", which gave me the perfect opportunity to talk about how god also made him and the animals, etc.
Keep talking about Christ and his love for us.................they are listening!
No comments:
Post a Comment