I had the opportunity to attend a "Women of Faith" in August. They talked a lot about World Vision and child sponsoring. I decided to sponsor a child! That weekend I picked out "Faith"! She is from Uganda. I felt like this would be a great opportunity for our family to have someone to pray for each night. I also thought it would be good for Ethan to learn more about the different kind of children that God designs! We have already had so much fun. We have a picture of her on the fridge and we pray for her daily. I sent her a note and a picture of us about a month ago.
Today I received a note from her. It blessed my soul! The most exciting thing that she wrote was "I am a christian and a sunday school member of my local church. We are taught that Jesus loves children like me and that's why he died for our sins." WOW....
I want to encourage you to take part in World Vision if you are looking for another opportunity to give back to the Lord. Here is there website
Jesus said, "... whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me." Matthew 18:5
No comments:
Post a Comment